India won World Cup after 28 years !!!!
WOW ! The whole India erupted with celebrations that night…….
But let’s rewind a few hours and take alook at some of the antics, me and my parents did during the match.
WHEN SRILANKA WAS BATTING…….
– she wore the same saree she had worn on the day of Pakistan vs India match. India won that match….so obviously it was extremely lucky for Indian cricketers.
– Then after some time she started shouting out to me to wear the same dress i had been wearing during the previous match. She maybe had some extra terrestrial signals telling her that my pink kurta will be lucky for the Indian cricketers….
– My mom bites her nails when in tension….ofcourse her nails were NON EXISTENT by the time final match started, being already consumed and digested by her during the previous matches. So she had to satisfy herself by telling me and dad that she has no more nails !!!! (an extra dilemma)
– He just got a new phone…..This is the first time he noticed that a cellphone has a lot of other things than just a calling facility….
– So, he sat down in front of the TV, with mobile in his hand and started working on it. By the time the match was halfway, he was already an expert on his phone. ( he had sent 2 sms’s to my phone, joined Twitter, become a follower of 4 or 5 people and already posted something on their walls…..)
– Now, he was deliberating whether to join orkut or not…….
ME- I generally sit through the matches, looking like i am being tortured….but this was it…..i mean it was the FINAL match…. so i just had to do with sleeping on the sofa in front of the TV, with my eyes wide open and my eyeballs literally on the verge of popping out of their sockets……..
– In between my mom got up to go to the kitchen, when a srilankan batsman got out. That was my cue….whenever the srilankan’s started to bat well, i told my mom to get up and scoot over to the kitchen…hoping somebody would get out again….
WHEN INDIA STARTED BATTING
– Now an expert on almost all the phones, i think…he started staring at the TV screen with a serious looking face (looking like me when i am about to give a Maths exam)
– He usually has the remote control in his hand, which he uses more than necessary during the matches. By the time match is over we would have watched a movie, 4 or 5 songs, one tv soap, and ofcourse news….
– but today he just left the remote with my mom ( reason i will tell u later)
– She sat down in the same position, on the same place, she sat during India vs Pakistan match. She looked as if she would achieve NIRVANA if she concentrated like that for another 5 minutes….
– I got up from my NAP…generally naps are taken for tension relieving…but i just discovered that naps can be taken with tension and you can gradually increase the stress levels…
– So i switched on my computer which is near TV and started watching 2 episodes of a 40 minute each TV soap (which my best friend gave me, although i don’t like that soap) rather enthusiastically (meaning i was hearing the dialogues of the actors and watching the actions of Sachin and Sehwag)
Then Dhoni came to bat.
That’s it…me, mom, dad watching the match as if we could jump into TV screen onto the stadium….
and alas……yippeeeee INDIA won…..thankgod… !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
we were feeling as if we had batted instead of Gautam, Dhoni and Yuvraj.
My dad slyly telling us that he left the remote with mom because he thought it was lucky……he definitely fallen into the trap….he used to laugh at my mom and me when we used to do something superstitious……………